Core Team Member Bootstrap—Bootstrap is a responsive web framework, used by about 16.2 million websites across the internet.
- Worked with a highly asynchronous team to deliver a major product overhaul with feedback from the community.
- Moved an aging codebase into line with modern development standards including introducing ES6 and strict linting.
- Ensured that technical documentation was regularly maintained throughout the overhaul.
IT Manager Queensland Conservation Council—QCC is the peak environmental advocacy organisation in Queensland, Australia.
- Ensured that their operational requirements continued to be met after a sudden and severe staff turnover.
- Coordinated the urgent deprecation of expensive legacy infrastructure to mitigate insolvency risk.
- Supported campaign staff in day-to-day operations during organisational rebuilding.
- Assumed non-technical responsibilities to ensure member services and supporter engagement continued to operate.
Lead Developer NetVend—NetVend was a project to create a neutral social network based on Bitcoin micro-payments.
- Assisted in architectural design and the development of a white paper.
- Built the original prototype in PHP, and further reference client implementations in various languages.
- Conducted a number of community engagement sessions on Reddit to foster community interest in the project.
- Submitted a funding proposal in response to a tender for new social technologies to support the Bitcoin community.
Contributor Various Open Source Projects—
- Wrote code and unit tests for Babel's minifier project, and ruleset anyalsis tools for the EFF's HTTPS-Everywhere.
- Developed Upriver, a tool to work around the lack of a GitHub feature to keep forks synchronised with upstream.
- Regularly filed user-interface bugs with the Google Chrome team.
Editor and Email Support Wikimedia Foundation—
- Worked with over 500 readers and biography subjects to resolve their email complaints rapidly and compassionately.
- Investigated reports of platform abuse, differentiating frustrated good-faith and bad-faith users, and de-escalating.
- Peer-reviewed a broad range of articles and worked to improve coverage of technical subjects.
Bachelor of Computer Science (incomplete) La Trobe University—
- Completed the first year of an accelerated entry program, mostly second and third-year subjects, with distinction.
- Developed low-level software skills optimising a real-time physics simulation in C++ for modern x86 processors using multi-threading and SSE.
- Solidified grounding in engineering design, computational algorithms, network engineering, linear algebra, and group theory.
Exchange Student AFS Intercultural Programs—
- Lived in Ahmedabad, India for ten months on a homestay high-school student exchange program.
- Completed world-class training in intercultural communications and global citizenship.
- Attended the 2015 Amity International Model United Nations Conference in New Delhi as a Futuristic General Assembly delegate.