Passionate developer with 4 years professional experience, specialising in web platform and security. I have keen analytical skills and a strong ability to learn on-the-fly. If you're a forward thinking organisation that's supportive of diversity and great development practices, I'd love to hear from you!
Core Developer Bootstrap—Bootstrap is a responsive web framework, used by 16.2 million websites worldwide.
- Worked with a highly asynchronous remote team to deliver a product overhaul.
- Delivered an ES6 overhaul, new build system and documentation upgrades.
- Developed long-term assurance and security management plans.
- Coordinated vulnerability disclosure, CVE assignment and assessment by NIST.
IT Manager Queensland Conservation Council—QCC is the peak environmental advocacy organisation in Queensland, Australia.
- Managed day-to-day technical operations to support campaign staff.
- Coordinated the urgent deprecation of failing legacy infrastructure.
- Decreased technical expenditure several-fold to contain budget blow-out.
- Wrote whitepaper and prototypes for a neutral social network based around Bitcoin micro-payments. Ran community sessions and wrote funding application.
- Worked on a high-availability WordPress hosting platform with GCE support.
- Implemented customer-facing dashboards for a startup.
Bachelor of Science/Computer Science Monash UniversityExpected completion 2021Majoring in Astrophysics (1st year) and Advanced Computer Science (2nd/3rd year).
- HTML (incl. HTML5 semantics)
- CSS (incl. Flexbox)
- Accessibility (ARIA)
- Node.js (incl. Grunt, Express)
- Java (incl. Gradle)
- PHP (incl. Laravel)
- C++ (incl. SSE)
- Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, CoreOS)
- Servers (Apache, Nginx, h2o)
- Databases (MySQL, MariaDB)
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Security (TLS, DNSSEC, HSTS)
- Latency (CDNs, HTTP/2, TTFB)
- Version Control (Git preferred)
- Tracking (GitHub, Jira, Phab)
- Editors (Vim, Atom, Eclipse)
Over 700 contributions to open-source projects in the last three years, including:
- code and unit tests for Babel
- Babel plugins to work around issues with Webpack
- ruleset analysis scripts for the EFF's HTTPS-Everywhere
- Upriver, a tool to keep GitHub repositories synchronised with upsteam
- H2O web server documentation overhaul